By Lorraine | 29 June 2020 | 0 Comments
How to choose aquarium heater?
The fish tank heating rod is one of the commonly used aquarium equipment for feeding ornamental fish. It is used to heat the water in the fish tank to provide a constant temperature comfortable environment for the fish. In fact, there are many details and skills that need to be paid attention to in the use of an tank heater. Let's take a look at it together.
1. Classification of aquarium heaterAccording to the material, it is divided into glass heating rods and metal heating rods
(1) The glass heating rod generally uses a riot-proof glass shell, which has the characteristics of low price, a wide range of use, and can be applied to various aquariums. The shortcoming is that it is easy to break. If used in a large fish tank, it must be equipped with a protective cover to avoid damage by large fish. Generally, the quality of the inferior heating rod glass is poor, and it is easier to break.
(2)The metal fish tank heating rod generally uses a stainless steel shell, which has the advantages of sturdiness and durability. But the disadvantage is that it cannot be used in some corrosive environments, such as seawater tanks. Generally, the inferior metal heating rod adopts an iron shell as a stainless steel shell, which is easy to rust.
2. Power of heaterCommon specifications of non-temperature control heating rods are 50w, 75w, 100w, 125w, 150w, 200w. This kind of heating rod has a simple structure and can be directly immersed in water. It is mainly used for heating fresh water before changing the water in the fish tank. The stick must be equipped with a thermometer in order to keep the switching time at any time.
More advanced heating rods can regulate the temperature, and its power ranges from 50W to 1000W, the common ones are 100W, 200W, 300W, 500W. This kind of heating rod can set the temperature in advance when the water temperature reaches the preset temperature, it will automatically turn off, and when the water temperature is low, it will automatically turn on the heating.
3. Choose the heater with suitable power and good qualityThe smaller the aquarium, the faster the temperature rises. Therefore, it is not recommended to configure high-power heating rods for small aquariums, because if the performance of the heating rod is not good, the danger will be very great. Heating rods with too much power will start or stop frequently, which can easily damage the temperature control elements and cause malfunctions. If it is a large aquarium, it can be equipped with multiple low-power heating rods, and the final heating effect is the same.
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published.Required fields are marked. *
- Aquarium Fishes
- Aquatic Plants
- Other Aquatic Creatures
- Best Aquarium Products
- Aquarium Light
- Aquarium Feeding Knowledge
- Fish Tank & Turtle Tank
- Aquarium Cleaning
- Fish Breeding
- Aquarium Heater
- Aquarium Filtration
- Planted Tank CO2
- Aquarium Decoration
- Shrimp Knowledge
- Fish Keeping